The easiest way to get into the freaky festive spirit is to surround yourself with all things spooky. We recommend doing this by getting creative and decorating your flat with some terrifying trimmings. We’ve simplified some great decoration ideas from buzzfeed, so check out their website for more information.
If you hate the smell of your carved pumpkins as they start to rot, then we’ve got the solution for you. All you will need is some orange balloons, a black sharpie and some string.
- Firstly you will need to blow up your balloon, not too big.
- Secondly, using your sharpie gently draw on your pumpkins eyes, nose and mouth. You can use any type of pen to draw these on, but it is best to use one with a large, soft end to avoid the balloon popping.
- Finally, tie the end of the balloons to the piece of string and hang the string in your desired location.
Welcome guests into your flat with this inexpensive, Halloween themed doormat. All you will need is a plain black, circular doormat, a white permanent fabric pen and some good scissors.
- Cut your doormat in half (this also means one of your friends can have the other half to make their own creepy doormat with).
- Use your white fabric pen to firstly draw on a central line, as well as two straight lines either side coming out from the central point.
- Next, add the curved web lines in between each of the straight ones.
- Once the rug has completely dried you can go ahead and place it in front of your door.
Whether you’re planning on throwing a get together at your flat to celebrate Halloween or you want to spook the other residents if they look up towards your flat, these are a great way to give your friends a fright. All you will need is some toilet paper rolls, a pen, small scissors, glow sticks and sellotape.
- Create a stencil for a pair of eyes by drawing one eye on a piece of paper.
- Place this against your toilet roll and draw around it, flip the eye over to trace the other eye.
- Using a small pair of scissors, cut both the eyes out.
- When you’re ready to use them, crack two glow sticks and place inside the roll.
- Finally, use the sellotape to seal up both ends of the roll so the glow sticks stay in place.
For even more inspiration why not check out our Pinterest page and make sure you share your decorations with us on Instagram.
Make sure you check out our blog with tips and tricks on how to carve the best pumpkin.